Storyoga Founder, Vanessa Braun has been a speaker and guest presenter at a number of conferences and early childhood events in Victoria, Vancouver, and the BC Interior. Vanessa’s presentations are said to be inspirational, educational, calming, and engaging. Vanessa’s background as an ECE, paired with her yoga teacher training makes for a brilliant combination when it comes to teaching teachers how to share the love of yoga! Vanessa has a real talent for weaving literature with yoga and is passionate about sharing her work with other like-minded teachers and ECEs. Contact Vanessa directly to book a Storyoga workshop for your next Pro-D Day event: Vanessa@storyoga.com
An Intro to Yoga & Mindfulness for Children
Half Day Session (3 hrs): $600 + gst
- Participants will learn ways to introduce yoga, mindfulness, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques to children in a number of playful yet effective ways.
- Participants will also learn ways to create a calm classroom environment and how to set the stage for peaceful play.
- A comprehensive booklist will be shared as well as ways to use literature to frame a yoga experience.
- Participants will leave with a booklist, workshop certificate (that may be submitted for professional development hours), and a set of breathing beads.
Full Day (6 hours): $1,200 + gst
- The afternoon will build upon the morning session and provide for a deeper understanding of the exercises and activities shared. The practice of mindfulness will be further explored as well as the myriad of benefits yoga brings.
- Ways to incorporate yoga through books, songs, games, and props will be further explored.
- Seasonal songs and stories will be introduced as well as ways to weave yoga and breathing into circle time.
- Participants will leave with a booklist, workshop certificate (that may be submitted for professional development hours) workshop handout, 3 lesson plans, mind jar, and a set of breathing beads.
Custom workshops available upon request.
What Kids are saying
- “Once upon a time there was a little girl named Mattea and she always liked to go to Storyoga. The little girl had so much fun at Storyoga that she even didn’t want to leave.” ~ Mattea, 4
- “She reads us stories and we colour. I love drawing inside the shapes – and about Vanessa, I love her!” ~ Darien, 4
- I like doing the downward dog and the pom – pom blessing. I like yoga because it is good for your body and we learn about nature.” ~ Lucas, 6
- “I like the stories Vanessa read to us, and I liked doing Namaste Mountain.” ~ Renee, 6
What Parents are saying
- “I heard about your classes and camps from several of the Sidney Preschool moms. I’ve talked to quite a few people about your classes at Strongstart, Preschool, and in Logan’s Kindergarten and I have never heard a bad thing. You should be really proud of the strong reputation you have built in your small community.” ~ Joscelyn, Sidney BC
- “Kaylee absolutely loves the class and you also. We have tried a few after-school things before and she has never been enthusiastic about them. With this yoga she comes home and can’t wait to show us what she is learning. Thanks for all the energy you put into it.” ~ Sarah Paulson, Sidney BC
What Teachers are saying
- “Hi Vanessa. Thanks so much for having me. I felt so comfortable… a sense of coming home or at least inspiration for the type of environment I want to be involved with. Out of all the centres I visited, yours was the most beautiful in so many ways, especially the vibration of peace.” ~ Yvonne MacKenzie, Pender Island BC
- “Vanessa’s interactive storytelling, wide use of colorful, playful props and the brilliant way in which she engages children in yoga poses was a hit with the children in our program! Thank you Vanessa for exposing our children to yoga in such a fun, positive way.” ~ Lori, Victoria BC