Deep Cove Program
Nature and mindfulness education set in the heart of Deep Cove.
We are extremely excited to announce that Storyoga will be the new owner of 1080 Cypress Road, formerly known as The Playhouse in Deep Cove! This has been a long awaited dream of ours to have a space to call our own and for Storyoga to have a permanent home.
Storyoga will take possession of the property at the end of December with an intended
opening date of February 1, 2021.
This new location will build slowly as we take the time to put our Storyoga touches on each space. Our initial offering will be a licensed part-time preschool program with registration opening soon.
Please note the Winter/Spring term will run through Spring Break.
February 1 – June 30, 2021
Tues/Thurs 9 – 12 pm
$310 per month
Mon/Wed/Fri 9 – 12 pm
$440 per month
Tues/Thurs 12:30 – 3:30 pm
$310 per month
A non-refundable $75 administrative fee will be required at the time of registration as well as a 50% deposit in order to secure your spot.
Our full day program will begin early Spring with registration coming soon.
- 9 am arrival and greeting
- 9 – 10 am: open-ended exploration inside
- 10 am: clean-up and classroom tending
- 10:10 – 10:30 am: morning circle (songs, story, mindfulness, and movement)
- 10:30 – 11 am: bathrooms, hand-washing, and morning nourishment (parents provide)
- 11 – 12 pm: outdoor exploration and pick-up
- 12:30 pm: arrival and greeting
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm: open-ended exploration inside
- 1:30 pm: clean-up and classroom tending
- 1:40 – 2 pm: afternoon circle (songs, story, mindfulness, and movement)
- 2 – 2:30 pm: bathrooms, hand-washing, afternoon nourishment (parents provide)
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm: outdoor exploration and pick-up
What Kids are saying
- “Once upon a time there was a little girl named Mattea and she always liked to go to Storyoga. The little girl had so much fun at Storyoga that she even didn’t want to leave.” ~ Mattea, 4
- “She reads us stories and we colour. I love drawing inside the shapes – and about Vanessa, I love her!” ~ Darien, 4
- I like doing the downward dog and the pom – pom blessing. I like yoga because it is good for your body and we learn about nature.” ~ Lucas, 6
- “I like the stories Vanessa read to us, and I liked doing Namaste Mountain.” ~ Renee, 6
What Parents are saying
- “I heard about your classes and camps from several of the Sidney Preschool moms. I’ve talked to quite a few people about your classes at Strongstart, Preschool, and in Logan’s Kindergarten and I have never heard a bad thing. You should be really proud of the strong reputation you have built in your small community.” ~ Joscelyn, Sidney BC
- “Kaylee absolutely loves the class and you also. We have tried a few after-school things before and she has never been enthusiastic about them. With this yoga she comes home and can’t wait to show us what she is learning. Thanks for all the energy you put into it.” ~ Sarah Paulson, Sidney BC
What Teachers are saying
- “Hi Vanessa. Thanks so much for having me. I felt so comfortable… a sense of coming home or at least inspiration for the type of environment I want to be involved with. Out of all the centres I visited, yours was the most beautiful in so many ways, especially the vibration of peace.” ~ Yvonne MacKenzie, Pender Island BC
- “Vanessa’s interactive storytelling, wide use of colorful, playful props and the brilliant way in which she engages children in yoga poses was a hit with the children in our program! Thank you Vanessa for exposing our children to yoga in such a fun, positive way.” ~ Lori, Victoria BC