New 5 Year Old Program
We are proud to be offering a NEW 5-year-old program this Fall in Deep Cove. This has been a long-time vision of ours and we are thrilled to be bringing it to fruition and to offer it as an extension of our current programming.
This program will be rooted in nature, yoga, mindfulness, music, and art and has been designed to bolster children’s social-emotional development while drawing from the BC Curriculum.
While still in keeping with the Storyoga philosophy and all its components, this program will have a numeracy and literacy-enriched focus. With a small class size of 8 – 12 children, this program will support individual needs while fostering meaningful connections and learning.
This specialized program will be led by two educators allowing each student to be provided with the support they need to meet their potential.
This program will be offered from 8:30 – 2:30 pm Monday – Friday with extended childcare hours available from 7:30 – 8:30 am and 2:30 – 5 pm. This program will mirror our current full-day program with consistent hours, ratios, and fees as outlined below:
Daily Rhythm (subject to change):
- 7:30 – 8:30 am: Pre-care and Morning Nourishment Offered (changes seasonally with an emphasis on local and organic)
- 8:30 am – Arrival, Morning Meditation and Meeting Outside
- 8:45 – 9:15 am – Nature Education
- 9:15 – 10 am – Morning Lesson (Math or Literacy)
- 10 – 10:20 am – Morning Nourishment (parents provide)
- 10:20 – 11 am – Body Break and Lesson
- 11 – 11:45 am – Outdoor Time
- 11:45 – 12:15 pm – Lunch (parents provide)
- 12:15 – 12:45 pm – Books and Quiet Activities
- 12:45 – 1:30 pm – Afternoon Lesson (Art or Social Learning, Gross Motor Movement)
- 1:30 – 2 pm – Open-ended Learning Centres
- 2 – 2:30 pm – Afternoon Nourishment (provided)
- 2:30 – 5 – Post Care available
What Kids are saying
- “Once upon a time there was a little girl named Mattea and she always liked to go to Storyoga. The little girl had so much fun at Storyoga that she even didn’t want to leave.” ~ Mattea, 4
- “She reads us stories and we colour. I love drawing inside the shapes – and about Vanessa, I love her!” ~ Darien, 4
- I like doing the downward dog and the pom – pom blessing. I like yoga because it is good for your body and we learn about nature.” ~ Lucas, 6
- “I like the stories Vanessa read to us, and I liked doing Namaste Mountain.” ~ Renee, 6
What Parents are saying
- “I heard about your classes and camps from several of the Sidney Preschool moms. I’ve talked to quite a few people about your classes at Strongstart, Preschool, and in Logan’s Kindergarten and I have never heard a bad thing. You should be really proud of the strong reputation you have built in your small community.” ~ Joscelyn, Sidney BC
- “Kaylee absolutely loves the class and you also. We have tried a few after-school things before and she has never been enthusiastic about them. With this yoga she comes home and can’t wait to show us what she is learning. Thanks for all the energy you put into it.” ~ Sarah Paulson, Sidney BC
What Teachers are saying
- “Hi Vanessa. Thanks so much for having me. I felt so comfortable… a sense of coming home or at least inspiration for the type of environment I want to be involved with. Out of all the centres I visited, yours was the most beautiful in so many ways, especially the vibration of peace.” ~ Yvonne MacKenzie, Pender Island BC
- “Vanessa’s interactive storytelling, wide use of colorful, playful props and the brilliant way in which she engages children in yoga poses was a hit with the children in our program! Thank you Vanessa for exposing our children to yoga in such a fun, positive way.” ~ Lori, Victoria BC